Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Atonement - Ch. 12

--by Abby

Ah, the plot thickens. This book is getting more and more pleasurable all the time. Or the fact that I'm reading at midnight may be influencing my level of appreciation.

An Emily chapter, we've got the standard amount of nonsense that rolls about in this woman's head. She seems to have no strength aside from that of self-preservation. I'm not sure what the deal is with her husband, if he's married to his warmongering job or has a mistress. Emily's fascination with bugs that fly to the light, the easiest place to get eaten seems a bit dark. At first, I thought this was a prophesy or a parallel to her life, but her instincts are the opposite, so I'm still working it out.

The real drama here is the return of the search party sans twins. Leon has gotten himself muddy on a dry day, so all signs point to an encounter in the river. Look back, did I not predict tragedy? Yep. I did.

No comments: